£40,000 to £50,000 plus Bonus and Benefits
ABPM as experts in financial recruitment are delighted to be exclusively supporting the dynamic world leading brand of Gill in the appointment of a Financial Controller. All direct applications will be forwarded to ABPM.
Background to Gill
Trusted on the water for more than 40 years Gill did not start as a brand or a business. It started as a solution to find better more capable sailing clothing using the best fabrics possible. Combined with innovative designed to increase performance and tested on elite athletes in the most challenging of conditions. Gill has grown into an established quality technical apparel brand, meeting consumer needs both on and off the water. Distributed around the world to 37 countries and more recently through a global Ecommerce platform, Gill enjoys the position of a leading brand within its core sector and has an excellent reputation for quality and customer service.
- British performance apparel brand with global reach
- Iconic British performance brand with a unique heritage
- Globally recognised for its market leading product offering
- #1 marine apparel and footwear brand in the us
- Acquired us distributor in January 2018 adding an additional $8m of revenue
- Proven profitability and strong positive financial momentum
- Global multi-channel distribution platform with long term relationships with key retailers
- Highly experienced management team
- Compelling growth prospects
Reporting to the COO, you will be a member of the senior leadership team. This role contributes to Gill’s business objectives by providing financial and commercial direction, influence and planning to the SLT, ensuring all statutory legislative and financial responsibilities are met.
This role drives the business agenda forward from a financial and commercial perspective.
The job holder will be a fully integrated manager in the life of the business.
Direct Reports: 3 Direct Reports in UK and dotted line 2 Reports in US
- Lead the development and delivery of all statutory financial management and legal obligations.
- With the COO, develop and control the Company’s annual operating budget and monthly profit and cashflow forecasts to ensure all financial targets are met.
- Lead, manage and direct the finance team to ensure they are working optimally.
- Provide financial advice, leadership and guidance to the company’s leaders, managers and staff to enable them to achieve their objectives.
- Monitor external contracts and services provided by suppliers to ensure these are operating effectively and take action where this is not the case.
- Management of Business foreign Currency Requirements including Foreign Exchange Contracts
- Liaising with Business Insurance Providers
- Managing ABL Financing structure and liaising with Company Banking Partner
- Production of Monthly Financial / Management Accounts within set business timelines
- 1st Point of contact with Company Auditors and Tax advisors
- Extensive senior level management accountancy experience.
- Significant managerial and leadership experience.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Strategic thinking capability and commercially astute.
- ACCA / CIMA / ACA or QBE.
- Drive and enthusiasm to move a business forward using financial and commercial insights and understanding.
- Self-starting, robust.
- Desire to be fully integrated into the life of the business.
- Flexibility – ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic business environment.
- Leadership – a genuine desire to support a senior team to shape the future direction of the business.
To be considered for this opportunity please email their professional advisor Rav Rathour, Consultant, ABPM Recruitment Ltd. Please call on 0115 9061 222 or email email@example.com.
Job reference number : RR938308